................................................

................................................

Tuesday 10 January 2017

MUA Luxe - 'Softly Spoken' 5 Piece Velvet Lip Lacquer Set - REVIEW (& Swatches!)

Official stock image (credit to MUA)


Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking to you about this beautiful 5 piece 'Softly Spoken Velvet Lip Lacquer' liquid lipstick set from MUA/MUA Luxe!
I believe this set was released as a seasonal item, but I'm not 100% sure... They're still in stock here (MUA Store) and here (Superdrug - free UK shipping if you have a Beauty Card).

They cost £15 for the set which is the same price as buying them all separately (£3 each), but you don't have to worry about any of the individual colours being out of stock and you also get the beautiful box to store them in! For this reason, I think it's a really nice idea as a gift for someone else or even just for yourself to get them with the nice packaging!


There are actually 4 different 5-piece sets available, the other three being: 'Every Occasion', 'No Shrinking Violet' & 'Hollywood Kiss'! All four retail for the same price, and the colours within each set vary quite dramatically. I chose the 'Softly Spoken' set because it contains some really beautiful mauves and nude shades which I've really been loving lately!

The 5 colours in this set are: Tranquility, Poise, Hustle, Firecracker & Flair! 4 of the colours in this set are new releases in the MUA Luxe 'Velvet Lip Lacquer' series with the only exception being 'Tranquility' which has been out for quite a while (and I actually already own!)


Below are my swatches of the 5 shades:
In the swatches, they're still slightly wet, but they do dry down to a completely matte finish!

I'm no stranger to these MUA liquid lipsticks, I own pretty much every colour they've released (which I will be making a post about soon! Maybe even a lip swatch video?) And I will 100% vouch for the formula of these; they dry completely matte, they're light-weight and comfortable to wear, not at all sticky, and they're intensely pigmented! I love these so, so much and I really can't recommend them enough for the price!
The only thing I will mention is, as I'm sure you noticed in the swatches, the darker shades are slightly less opaque than the lighter nude shades. This is really only obvious when you're swatching them though, when you apply them to the lips they're not patchy at all and are a dream to work with!

These liquid lipsticks have the regular doe-foot applicator which makes for easy application!

I absolutely love these shades and I think they're suitable for a lot of skin tones (Hustle & Flair would look absolutely amazing on darker skin tones!) The nude shades in this set are really complimentary for lighter skin tones, and because Tranquility has a slightly yellow undertone to it, it's really complimentary for people with yellowish undertones to their skin!

In terms of how long-wearing these lipsticks are, they're intense and honestly getting them off is quite a struggle! These arm swatches resisted makeup wipes, lip balm and olive oil before shower gel and micellar water managed to remove them! Unlike other liquid lipsticks that are really easily broken down by oil, I'd say that these are a bit more resistant to oils which is great whilst you're wearing them as you don't really have to worry about them crumbling off as you eat, but that causes some problems when you want to remove them because it can make your lips quite sore from all the scrubbing to get them off!
But over-all I would really, really recommend these! And not just this particular set, but all of MUA's 'Velvet Lip Lacquer' shades!


I would give this set...
5/5 brushes!

I really can't fault these, they're absolutely stunning, the formula is amazing and I love the packaging! I think these are honestly better quality than some of my high-end lipsticks! I would definitely recommend these if you love a matte lip, and for the price you really can't go wrong!

Okay guys, that concludes this review!
I really hope that you all found this review useful!
Do you own any MUA Lip Lacquers? Are you going to get any? What's your favourite shade?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?