................................................

................................................

Wednesday 11 January 2017

6 BLINDING Budget Highlighters!


Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking you through my top 6 'Blinding' highlighters on a budget!
Each one of the products I'm about to talk about retails for under £10 which is AMAZING value! I can't wait to share these amazing glow-givers with you!

Firstly, we have the classic OG intense highlight: Sleek MakeUP's 'Solstice Palette' (available here!)
Official stock image (credit to Sleek MakeUP)


I don't think any budget highlighter has been raved about as much as this palette, and for a good reason: this is the ultimate intense glow palette, if you want to be sending signals into space! It retails for only £9.99 and contains 9g worth of product which is quite a lot considering the palette itself it quite small. In this palette, you get 3 powder highlights and 1 cream highlight/strobe, and all 4 of the colours are so intensely pigmented and high quality!

Below are my swatches of the colours:
All of my swatches were 1 swipe only! That shows just how insanely pigmented these are!

The packaging for this palette is beautiful, it almost looks high-end and it's absolutely stunning! I can't even describe how in love with this palette I am, it's just so perfect and for the price the quality is phenomenal! I highly recommend this palette!
The only downside is that, because it's so popular, it's almost always sold out everywhere so it can be a little bit difficult to get your hands on, but it's totally worth the effort!

I give this palette...
5/5 brushes!

The next product I want to talk about is the Freedom 'Pro Highlight' Palette! Available here and here!
Official stock image (credit to TAM Beauty)


This palette is cheaper than the Sleek palette by a considerable amount, with this palette retailing for £6 for 15g which is incredible value!
In this palette, you get 2 powder highlights and 6 cream/strobe colours! Each and every one of the colours in this palette applies smoothly, isn't chalky or patchy, and gives an amazing glow! I really love this palette and I'm so glad I picked it up!
What I especially love about this palette is that some of the creams are strange colours, like the bright silver/grey one and the bronze coloured one, I think this is really unique and they give such an interesting look!

Below are my swatches:
Again, these swatches were done with 1 swipe! Crazy pigmentation!

Although the packaging isn't as luxurious as the Sleek palette, I love the simplicity of it, and it means they're able to keep the price of the palette down which is amazing for me! The palette contains a really great quality mirror as well which I love, you can never have too many mirrors!

I give this palette...
5/5 brushes!

The next product I'm going to talk about is MUA's 'Undress Your Skin' Highlighter in 'Iridescent Gold'! Available here and here!
Official stock image (credit to MUA)


This highlighter is absolutely stunning! And at only £3 for 7.5g you really can't go wrong!
The detail of the packaging is really nice, it looks very high-quality and I love the colour of the highlighter itself, it's so beautiful!
A lot of people have said that these aren't very pigmented, however, there's actually an overspray on the top layer of the highlighter that you have to dig into and wipe away! This is what stops the pigment coming through! Once you remove this top layer, it's intensely pigmented, not chalky at all, and a really amazing product!

Below is my swatch:
Again, this is only 1 swipe! You can see that the pigmentation is definitely there, and I love how soft the powder looks on the skin, it doesn't look powdery or chunky at all!

I give this highlighter...
5/5 brushes!

The next product I'll be talking about is the Makeup Revolution 'Ultra Strobe Balm' Palette! (Available here!)
Official stock image (credit to TAM Beauty)


This could possibly be one of the most beautiful palettes I own! It retails for £8 and contains 12g of product which is really good value, especially considering that these are all cream products!
The reason I love this palette so much is that the colours are slightly duochrome/iridescent, and when the light hits them you can really see the different colour reflects within them. This is something that I think is quite unique for a cream product, and I think Makeup Revolution did a really great job!
The colours within this palette are super pigmented and would compliment a lot of skin tones!

Below are my swatches:
As always, these are only 1 swipe!
I really can't recommend these enough if you're a fan of cream strobing products! They're so easy to work with, they're buttery and smooth and they blend out really nicely! I also find that they're quite moisturising for the skin, and my arm was really soft after applying these!

I would give this palette...
4/5 brushes!

I would've given this palette a full 5/5 brushes, but I had to keep in mind the fact that these are all quite light colours and I feel like the majority of the colours in the palette might not work properly for people with darker skin tones (although the darker colours in the palette would look absolutely gorgeous!)

The next product I'm going to talk about isn't actually a highlighter at all!
It's the ColourPop 'Super Shock Shadow' in 'I Heart This'! Available here!
Official stock image (credit to ColourPop)


Although this technically isn't a highlighter, I always use it as one when I want a really intensely pigmented glow! I know ColourPop does actually make highlighters, but since I had this eyeshadow anyway, I just use this! I find it works just as well as my actual highlighters!
This product retails at $5 for 2.1g which is pretty good value for money considering that this was intended to be used as an eyeshadow! It's a beautiful taupe colour with silver glitter particles and it makes a beautiful cheekbone highlight! I love it!

Below is my swatch:
As you can see, this is crazy pigmented and gives a lot of shine, which is why I love to use it on days when I'm wearing dramatic makeup!

I would give this product...
5/5 brushes!

Finally, the last product I want to mention here has already been spoken about on this blog, so rather than going through it all again, I'm going to link the review I did here!
This is the Makeup Revolution 'Ultimate Blush & Light & Contour' Palette!
I had to mention it here because £10 for 32 shades is incredible value, and the highlighter shades in this palette are just so, so beautiful!

I gave this palette...
4/5 brushes!

And last of all, as an honorary mention for those of you who aren't really a fan of heavy makeup/intense highlighters, Makeup Revolution's 'Ultra Strobe Cream' gives a really subtle glow and also really moisturises the skin! Available here and here!
This product retails for £8 for 50ml which is pretty good value! Especially because a tiny amount of this goes a long way! Also, this product is buildable to get a more noticeable glow!


I would give this product...
3/5 brushes!

I'm a fan of really intense highlights, which this doesn't give you. However, that doesn't mean it isn't a good product, it just isn't something that I would particularly fall in love with. It's a really hydrating product though, so I think I may use it as a primer and try working with it in different ways to get a better result! I'll edit this post if I find a more effective way of using this product!

Okay guys, that concludes this review/list of 6 'Blinding' Budget Highlighters!
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it useful!
What are your recommendations for affordable highlighters? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?