................................................

................................................

Sunday 8 January 2017

Makeup Revolution - 'Ultimate Blush & Light & Contour Palette' REVIEW (& Swatches!)

Official stock image (credit to TAM Beauty)



Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking about the Makeup Revolution 'Ultimate Blush & Light & Contour Palette'! (That was quite a mouthful!)
This palette was released as part of Makeup Revolution's Christmas collection 2016, and it's currently(as of 08/01/2017) still in stock on the TAM Beauty website! Click here to go to the item page<3

This palette is genuinely huge, it contains 32 colours (highlighter, blush & contour/bronzer) and on the TAM Beauty site it costs just £10! That is amazing value!
I actually received this palette as a gift and when it was still available on Superdrug, they lowered the price to £4 which is literally insane. Unfortunately, it's no longer available on Superdrug and due to it being a seasonal item, I don't think they'll be restocking it. However, £10 from TAM Beauty is still an absolute bargain for this many highly-pigmented shades, and the packaging is also really cute!

This palette contains 85g worth of product, which is a LOT (especially for the price) and these are pigmented, buttery and a dream to work with! Makeup Revolution is a cruelty free brand as well, so you can rest easy knowing that no innocent animals were hurt to make this beautiful palette!

I'll post my swatches of the palette below:

Highlight shades

Blush shades - pinks

Blush shades - oranges

Contour/bronzer shades

As you can see, the palette has really great pigmentation! The only criticism I would give is that the bronzers and contour shades are all very warm-toned, so I don't really think it would work well for people that use cool-toned products to bronze and contour with. Also, one of the bronzers is really glittery and very gold, so I feel like it would work better as a highlight for those with a darker skin tone or eyeshadow for those with my/paler skin tones. I don't think it works very well as a bronzer because it's too gold/yellow toned.

The formula of these is really nice, they're so smooth and buttery as I mentioned before, and they blend out really well with a brush and even with your fingers. I particularly love to use my Real Techniques 301 Bold Metals contour brush to blend out the contour shades, and I feel that this sort of flat-top brush works best with them.

The highlighters seemed a tiny bit chunky when I swatched them with my fingers, but I haven't noticed any chunkiness/fallout when I used my brushes with them, so I think it was maybe how hard I pressed my finger into the product rather than the product itself. I use a BH Cosmetics small contour brush to apply my highlighter and I find that this works amazingly and gives a really nice finish. These highlighters are buildable, and they can give either a natural glow or intense extra-terrestrial beam depending on how much you layer.

The blushes are just beautiful, and there's a rose gold blush in the orange section of the blushes that is just absolutely mind blowing, I would recommend picking up this palette just for that shade alone because it is stunning.

I would give this palette...
4/5 brushes!

I could've easily given this palette 5/5 brushes, but I had to keep in mind the fact that the contour/bronzer shades were very warm, and that one of the bronzers was just way too gold. For that reason, I decided to deduct 1 brush from the score for this palette, even though I do really love this palette and I highly recommend that you all go out and buy it!

Okay guys, that concludes this review!
I really hope that you found this review useful!
Do you own this palette? Are you going to buy it? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?