................................................

................................................

Wednesday 11 January 2017

B. - Complete Brush Collection - REVIEW


Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking about a beautiful makeup brush set from the brand B.!
B. is a completely vegan brand exclusively stocked by Superdrug! They aim to provide professional quality products that were created by makeup artists, for makeup artists, without the extortionate price tags! This is great news for those of us who love budget beauty!

B. used to make my absolute favourite foundation, but unfortunately, despite being a relatively new brand (being started in late 2015) the brand seems to be phasing out their makeup products and focusing mostly on their brush line now so they no longer product that foundation anymore.

Official stock image (credit to Superdrug)

This is the B. 'Complete Brush Collection' that was released as a Christmas gift set for 2016. The set itself isn't available anymore, but all of these brushes are available to buy individually!
The set contains 9 makeup brushes (almost the entire B. brush line) and also B.'s answer to the BeautyBlender! The set originally retailed for £65 which is a pretty steep price, but was reduced to £35 when my boyfriend purchased it for me as a Christmas gift. (It was eventually reduced to £9.99 after Christmas, which was a little bit frustrating as my boyfriend had spent £35 on them but they are gorgeous brushes).


The brush set came in this beautiful silver faux-leather bag, which would be ideal for carrying around your makeup kit if you're working as a makeup artist, or could also just be used to store your makeup/brushes at home. I thought this was a really nice touch to the set, and the bag is really high quality!

The brushes within this set are:
B. Powder Brush
B. Finishing Brush
B. Foundation Brush
B. Blending Brush
B. Blusher & Contour Brush
B. Eyeshadow Brush
B. Eye Contour Brush
B. Concealer Brush
B. Lip Brush

There is also a B. Sponge included!


The first thing I noted with these brushes is that each one is individually labelled, I find this really useful for people that are new to using makeup/using brushes, as it would help them to know exactly what brush to use for each stage! The brushes are extremely soft, and they look a lot more expensive than they actually were, which I think is definitely a bonus!
I've washed all of these brushes several times now, and I haven't noticed any shedding at all! I think they're really high quality brushes, and I would really recommend them for anyone to use, especially because they're vegan brushes so they don't use animal hair at all which is a definite bonus!

I have included some pictures demonstrating the density/quality of the larger face brushes:

B. Finishing Brush

B. Blending Brush

B. Powder Brush

These brushes are extremely good quality, dense and amazing for using on base makeup! I found that the powder brush is really amazing for applying powder blushes because it leaves a really nice finish!

The great thing about these brushes is that, even though you can definitely find cheaper brushes out there (e.l.f, for example) these brushes are professional quality, and Superdrug constantly has promotional offers on them so you can quite often pick them up for a bargain price!

I would 100% recommend them, and Superdrug currently has a promotional offer on for the brushes! (11/01/2017) So now is a great time to pick them up!

The only thing that I would note is that the Finishing Brush came a little misshapen, and even though I've washed it several times and reset it, it still has the strange shape from how it was packaged in the bag by the factory. This shouldn't be a problem when purchasing the brush individually, though, as it will be packaged in a box rather than being squished into the plastic within the carry-bag.

Over-all, I would give this brush set...
4/5 brushes!

I couldn't give them a perfect score, simply because one of my brushes is misshapen. However, other than that, I think they're really great value considering the quality of the brushes! Especially if you manage to get them whilst there's a promotional offer on! I'm thoroughly enjoying using these brushes at the moment!

Okay guys, we've come to the end of this review!
I hope this review helped you to decide whether you want these brushes or not!
See you all in my next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?