................................................

................................................

Monday 13 March 2017

MUA - Testing New Products!

All stock images (credit to MUA & Superdrug)


Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking about 3 different products, all of which are from the brand: MUA! This is a brand I've loved for a long time, and their quality just keeps getting better and better!
The products I'm going to talk about are:
Burning Embers eyeshadow palette; available here and here (£8)
Ultra-Fine Translucent Loose Setting Powder; available here and here (£4)
Highlighting Powder in Pearlescent Sheen; available here and here (£3)

All of these products are cruelty free, which is amazing!

I'll start off by talking about the Translucent Loose Powder:

This powder is really great in the sense that it's actually a white powder, rather than just being a really pale peach colour like most "translucent" powders are. This is a really new product from MUA, it's only recently been released, and I was so excited as soon as I saw it, I bought it immediately.

However, I find this powder to be a little bit strange.
To start off, it has a very bizarre smell, I can't describe the scent, it's almost a plastic/rubber scent, very artificial, and not in the way makeup usually smells... It's a very strong smell, but luckily, it doesn't linger on the face, so if you endure those initial moments of repulsion, you'll be stellar.

Secondly, the texture of this powder is very weird. It doesn't feel soft and smooth like most loose powders, instead it forms a layer that you can clearly feel, almost like a dusty feeling but also not. It's really difficult to describe, but this texture seems to also make it really difficult to get onto a brush or sponge, it seems to repel brushes of any shape and size, so putting it onto your face is a bit of a fight to really force it onto the brush. I'm really not sure why this is, I've never experienced it with any of my other loose powders.

That being said, once this powder is on your face, it feels very lightweight, it is entirely translucent, and it does a really good job of locking your makeup in place and also minimizing the appearance of pores and imperfections. It gives your skin a really beautiful finish, it's not cakey at all, and it looks very natural. It's actually really good at its job, it's just a shame it's quite difficult to work with. MUA also has this same powder in a pressed form, so perhaps that would be easier to work with, but I always use loose powders so I find it really confusing that I've struggled with this one.

Over-all, I'll give this powder...
4/5 brushes!

The next product I'll be talking about is the Highlighting Powder:

This is a beautiful iridescent highlight that reflects between white, gold, blue and lilac! For only £3, the MUA highlighters are incredible, and this one is no different. I'm absolutely in love with it, the camera doesn't pick up how iridescent this highlighter actually is, which is a shame (it made the lighting turn blue, for some reason.) I would absolutely recommend this highlighter to anyone who loves anything and everything iridescent. It's stunning, the reflects are so pretty and unique, and it's such a lightweight formula, it's easy to apply, it blends like a dream... I honestly can't fault these highlighters at all!

Over-all, I'll give this highlighter...
5/5 brushes!

The final product I'll be talking about is the Burning Embers eyeshadow palette:

First of all, can you see those swatches? I honestly think the swatches speak for themselves. They're gorgeous. I was completely blown away whilst I was swatching this palette, the pigmentation is unbelievable, and for only £8 for 25 highly pigmented shades, that is amazing value for such great quality. I've wanted to get my hands on this palette for a really long time now, it came out just before Christmas if I remember right, but it was sold out constantly, so I knew it was going to be good, but I didn't realise just how beautiful the shades in this palette were going to be!
I'm in love with red-toned shadows at the moment, they're what I wear every single day, so I can't wait to use these on my eyes. MUA has really exceeded expectations with this palette, and I would absolutely recommend this!

The packaging is a little bit simple, but that's MUA's style, it's also how they keep the prices down without affecting the quality of the product, so I'm not bothered about the packaging. I love the arrangement of the colours in this palette, they compliment each-other so well. And the back of the palette shows the names of the shadows. That's right, for maybe the first time in MUA palette history, the shadows have names! I couldn't believe it! And they're nice names, too! I thought that just made the palette seem so much more professional.

I would give this palette...
5/5 brushes!

Thank you all for reading this, I hope it helps you!
I'll see you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?