................................................

................................................

Monday 13 March 2017

Girls With Attitude (GWA) - 'Enchanting' Eyeshadow Palette - REVIEW & Swatches!

 Offical stock image (credit to GWA)

Hi guys! Today I'll be talking about the new 'Enchanting' Palette from UK brand: G.W.A. (Girls With Attittude)! This palette contains 12 shades, and retails for £9.99, which I think is pretty good value for money.
The official description for this palette is:
GWA Enchanting Eyeshadow Palette features 12 ultra pigmented matte, metallic and shimmer shadows with rose, gold, cranberry and cocoa hues to craft warm, romantic looks. With a smooth and silky texture for seamless blending, you can mix and match the shades to create your own unique look, for daytime or night time.
 The emphasis for this palette is that it's highly pigmented and easily blend-able, so the performance of these shadows will be the main focus of this review.

But firstly, I want to speak a little bit about the packaging. In terms of appearance, this palette slightly resembles the Naked palettes by Urban Decay, for a fraction of the cost. The outer packaging is a soft pink metallic case, with elastic to secure the palette shut when not in use. It features a full-size mirror, which I thought was a nice touch, and it also contains a brush/applicator, although I would actually advise against using the brush end of this, due to it being very brittle and a little bit sharp.

Next, let's move on to the actual range of shades within the palette. In the description, it states "rose, gold, cranberry and cocoa hues", which I would agree with, to an extent. In my opinion, the stock image presents a lot of the shadows as being quite pink-toned, however, in reality, they're very pale and almost white. The first two shades are almost identical in colour, and the three matte 'cocoa' shades are also extremely similar. The 'cranberry' shade is a beautiful colour, it's extremely metallic and I'm in love with it, however, it appears a lot darker in the stock image. I do like the colours in this palette, but I feel like there could be more variation, especially as far as the brown tones are concerned.

Now, I'll be speaking about the performance of these shadows and providing you all with swatches!
I've swatches these shades in the order that they appear in the palette.
I'll agree with the 'ultra pigmented' statement made by GWA for some of the shadows, but definitely not all of them. For example, the lightest shade in the palette doesn't show up at all in swatches, I even layered it 4 times, and you still can't see it. The second matte cocoa shade isn't very pigmented and is also quite patchy. But the rest of the shades, particularly the metallic shades, I thought were very pigmented and smooth to apply.

In the swatches, I found that the cranberry colour appeared very red, almost like a metallic brick red, which I found strange, as it appears the same as in the palette when applied onto the eyes.

In terms of applying these on the eyes, I found that the best method to use in order to get the best pigmentation was to use fluffy eyeshadow brushes, crease brushes and blending brushes for the matte shades, and then use the sponge applicator that came with the palette to apply the metallic shades, as I found this really helped them to keep their shine.

This palette reminds me a lot of the BH Cosmetics 'Shaanxo' collaboration palette (which I own and love to pieces) in terms of the shades, however, the BH Cosmetics palette is also really affordable, and I'd have to recommend the formula of those over these shadows. I don't think this is a bad palette, and the shades are certainly workable, however, for me, £9.99 is a lot to spend on an okay eyeshadow palette when there are palettes from Makeup Revolution and MUA for around £4 that I am absolutely in love with.
I really wanted to like this palette, and I don't exactly hate it, but it definitely didn't grow on me in the way that I was hoping it would, and the pigmentation of the matte shades really disappointed me. I wouldn't really recommend this palette. It has some nice shades, but they're not very unique, and I think you can find very similar shades in palette for a lot less money with better formulation.  

Over-all, I would give this palette...
2/5 brushes!

Although there are some nice shades in this palette, there isn't enough variety and the matte shades aren't pigmented enough to warrant the £9.99 price tag. Sleek palettes cost the same amount of money, and in my opinion, they are far superior. I've given this palette a 2/5 rating because there are some redeeming features, such as the packaging and the metallic shades, however, I couldn't rate it any higher than that because the formula of these really lets this palette down.

Thank you all for reading! I'll see you guys next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! great job. You have shared some really useful information here. I was searching for something like this only. We also provide such information and products. Here, check them out Buy eyeshadow palettes

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?