................................................

................................................

Wednesday 25 January 2017

MUA Luxe - Velvet Lip Lacquer - REVIEW & Swatches!

Official stock image (credit to MUA/Superdrug)

Hi guys! Today I'm going to be talking about my collection of MUA 'Velvet Lip Lacquer's!
I've already spoken about some of my collection here, so for a more in-depth specific review please follow the link!
I've been collecting MUA's lip lacquers since they were first released, and at one point I did have every shade... However, they've added a lot more colours recently which I still need to get my hands on! In total I have 14 shades!

These lip lacquers retail for £3 each, which is a really great price for the quality! I've found the formula of these to be consistently pigmented and creamy, they're not really patchy and I don't find them to be too drying on the lips either! Usually cheaper matte lip colours can be quite drying and damaging to the lips, but I find that these are very lightweight and don't really feel like you're wearing anything on the lips. As with most liquid lipsticks, they're broken down by oil and grease, so avoid eating anything oily unless you're aiming to remove the lipstick!

I've swatched every single colour below:

As you can see, they all swatch really nicely and are equally pigmented!
The only colour that I would say needs a little bit of work is Poise, because it comes very close to being patchy, and I could imagine that if it's not applied evenly it could easily become patchy. But as for all of the others, including the matte black shade Potent, I would say they're amazingly pigmented and smooth for only £3 each!

I have 2 of the shade Tranquility, the older one being from when MUA first released these lip lacquers (Tranquility was one of the first shades released), and the new one being from their Christmas collection 'Softly Spoken' (which I have already reviewed!) As you might be able to tell, there is a slight colour difference between the two, with the older version being a slightly darker colour, but this isn't really noticeable and if anything I'm glad as it means I don't have two identical lip lacquers!

These lip lacquers are available here or also from the Superdrug website

These liquid lipsticks use a standard doe-foot applicator, which is common for liquid lipsticks. I find that this works well, and does a good job of applying the product evenly! The applicator is small enough to get into the corners of your lips easily, whilst also not being too small to quickly apply a coat!

I'll quickly talk about the packaging: I love the packaging for these! It reminds me a lot of the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra-Matte Liquid Lipsticks, but it's a great alternative for me since I don't support Gerard Cosmetics as a brand! I think the packaging definitely looks more high-end rather than drugstore, and for only £3, having real glass packaging is really nice!
I love the frosted effect, I think it makes them look a lot more luxurious, but the only problem with this is, if you keep them all together in a makeup bag rather than actual lipstick holders, the writing and 'frosted' effect on the tube does wear off over time as they all clank together.
But, for £3 I don't really think that's a huge issue!

Over-all, I would give these lipsticks...
5/5 brushes!

Thanks for reading this review! I hope you found it useful!
Do you own any of the newer shades? Are you going to pick them up? Let me know!
See you all in my next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?